The “best” summer opportunity awaits current high school juniors on the campus of Appalachian State University. The Martha Guy Summer Institute for Future Business Leaders (MGSI) has a solid, 13-year history of inspiring students through exploration of the business world, and we are now accepting applications for our 2017 Cohort.
Unique aspects of MGSI
- Unlike most summer opportunities, MGSI combines a residential experience with out of state travel. Following two weeks on campus at Appalachian State University, the program concludes with a week of travel to various business and cultural/entertainment sites.
- Each MGSI class is small. Twenty-four students are selected. The group size provides a much more intimate, personal experience for each participant.
- It is quite affordable considering the extensive travel, excursions and activities; tuition is $1,800 plus a meal plan fee of $350.
**Need-based scholarships are available to qualified applicants.
Which students are well suited for MGSI?
- We are seeking students who have a sincere interest in business as a college majorand demonstrate leadership potential. Some candidates have an entrepreneurial spirit, or have unique or extensive part-time work experience. Also consider your most competitive students among under-represented groups and populations. Interested students should demonstrate academic achievement.
- Students who embrace and appreciate new people, opportunities and experiences are ideal for MGSI. They should also be well-prepared to be away from home and able to manage a demanding schedule.
- Application deadline is February 24th2017
Please offer this opportunity to current juniors – only current juniors are accepted for this program.
Click the link below for highlights from last summer:
Feel free to contact Barbara Rule at email@example.com or 1-877-APP-MGSI (277-6474) with questions.